An Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS), also known as EWI (Exterior Wall Insulation Systems) or External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS) is a type of cladding system that provides exterior walls with an insulated finished surface and waterproofing in an integrated composite material system. Put another way, an Exterior Insulation Finishing System / External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems can be defined as an ideal energy efficient thermal wrapping or facade insulation applied to the exterior surfaces of a building which is then finished with a long-life, decorative and protective wall coating that can be installed on any type of construction.
In the construction industry, there are a number of versions of EIFS / ETICS. The most basic and common EIFS / ETICS is called a barrier EIFS, also known as traditional or conventional EIFS / ETICS, which is applied to a solid wall (brickwork, blockwork, pre-cast panels and the like). Another type is called EIFS / ETICS with drainage, which is a barrier EIFS / ETICS to which a water drainage capability has been added. This is done mainly for wood structures.
SLEO® Cellulose Ether Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) for Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS) offers the following benefits:
● Improved adhesion: The materials of the exterior walls are firmly held together by using this cellulose material.
● The adequate wetting ability for EPS board and substrate:Cellulose Ether HPMC improves how effective the wetting of the board and substrate.
● Reduced air entrancement and water uptake: The air spaces within the external walls of buildings become resistant to the passage of air, which may weaken the structure. Water uptake is reduced as well,Cellulose Ether HPMC increases the water retention of the walls and this does not allow water uptake.
● Good consistency: This cellulose allows the walls to maintain a consistent finish look and appearance, and this adds beauty to the walls.
● Good anti-bleeding:Cellulose Ether HPMC prevents the occurrence of bleeding within the exterior walls
● Anti-crack and anti-shrinkage: The occurrence of wall cracks and shrinkages are prevented with the use of Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
● Good workability: It also offers good workability. The designated particle size distribution assures quick or lumps free dissolution. It is suitable for all conventional mineral and organic binders.